Monday, August 17, 2009

Demo Reel

Due to my main website being down for maintenance and a domain change, this blog has become the primary outlet for displaying my work.

Most of what is shown in this demo reel can be found individually at much higher quality scattered in the posts below. If we're lucky, there may be a description to boot!

Resume is available on request.


Friday, August 14, 2009

Stuff for Kat

Lately I've been working on modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating a few characters and creatures for a friend's mock MMO project for her Interactive Games class.
(Whose website can be found at

We're trying to keep things low-poly (around 800 quads max per character) and so far it's been a blast! Past my senior project I've never really been responsible for the UV/texturing of anything, so not only am I still learning new things out of school but its a nice challenge. I'll continue to update as things come along, but here's what I have cookin':

Some of the male and female "Timian" dog-folk npcs for her level.


Here's the male Timian textured:

And a goat!

[All concept art belongs to Katelyn Pitstick @]

Where does the time go?

Well just a short while ago I had become a graduate of Savannah College of Art and Design with a BFA in Animation.. still slightly unemployed I'm back to updating this poor lonely blog!

Here's a small collection on what I had been working on in class:

Falling Bear

Everything in the scene was provided for us by our professor. All we needed to do was key-frame animate the bear falling off a bumping dresser. It was up to us to determine how minute or extreme we wanted the action of the dresser and subsequently the bear. I'm quite pleased with the results of the bear, especially as it hits the ground and flops to a halt. However the dresser's movement really doesn't need to be quite as violent. If I can find the old file it would be a quick fix.

Unreal Revisited

Something I did have a lil' bit of time to go back and tweak was a few of the Unreal actions from way-back-when. Here are just two of the taunts with a different lighting/shader applied that look a nice step up from the originals.


Ah, the old motion capture project! It was great fun learning the ropes of our small motion-capture studio at SCAD. My only regret is not making the time to revisit and capture something new in the lab to play with after our short two week adventure.

In this assignment we broke into small groups of three or four and took the whole process of mocap from putting a brave classmate in the black spandex suit to blending different captured animation data together in Motion Builder.

Here is my first run with mocap and Motion Builder:


This was one of my last and largest assignments. We were given two ten-week quarters to fully realize a film short based on our own idea for a skit or short story. My original idea for my work was unfortunately completely different from how it actually turned out. I had modeled, textured, and rigged my assets intended for my first plan, but when it came down to execute the animation for the story I had second thoughts. I tried (multiple times) to change a story I had already invested many hours in to something more appealing to my tastes, but each attempt only set me back farther and farther. With two weeks remaining I just had to buckle down and cut my losses to finish for the deadline. When things start settling down, I hope to come back and use my character to tell much better story than what I had. At the very least, an important lesson in time management and being decisive was most certainly learned.

Here's a clip: